Warm Soup for the Cold Winter Season
Potatoes Cream Soup 🍜
Olive oil or 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled , chopped
- 2 stick celery, washed, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled, washed, chopped
- 1 large leek, washed, chopped
- 8 big potatoes, peeled, washed, chopped
- 500g mushrooms, washed, chopping
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- Sea Salt, pepper and any spices of your choice to taste
- 1 litre/4 cups vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream
Put the onion, Garlic, celery, leek, carrots and Mushrooms into a large saucepan, add a splash of olive oil or butter and cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly, until they have softened.
Add the potatoes to the cooked vegetables, sprinkle with marjoram and add a good pinch of sea salt and spices of your choice. Pour over the stock, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Make sure the vegetables are always covered with stock; adding a cupful of extra water if necessary during cooking.
Check if the potatoes are soft, at this stage, puree the soup with a stick blender and carefully pour the cup of heavy cream to cook till the soup thicken slightly, whisk and simmer for 20 minutes and serve the Soup !!
Serve the hot potatoes soup with any bread of your choice , I prefer Carrot bread !!
Enjoy your meal